1. please read and annotate
2. Description: https://www.mediafire.com/file/3rflynwr8uprjmu/chapter11.pdf/file
Frame your response to the text around the following questions:
- What have you been taught about revising your writing? How does Breidenbach’s chapter add to, challenge, or complicate your previous knowledge?
- Beginning on page 201, Breidenbach quotes Anne Lamott’s “Shitty First Drafts,” in which Lamott refers to “the fantasy of the uninitiated.” What does she mean by that? What point is Breidenbach making in this section of the article? Do you agree?
- Explain the difference between revision and editing.
- Describe the role of readers’ feedback in the revision process.
- “Those who write professionally,” Breidenbach explains, “make rhetorical decisions based on intuited awareness developed over years of experience. Less experienced writers are seldom aware that they even make such decisions” (210). Reflecting on your own writing process, how aware are you of the “rhetorical decisions” you make?
- Identify at least two specific strategies mentioned by Breidenbach that you found helpful and which you plan to use in the future?