1. Read: Discussion Background
As a medical billing and coding student, you are learning how to appropriately apply HCPCS Level I and Level II codes. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) website is an excellent resource to help you learn more about HCPCS codes. Use the link below to help you answer the discussion prompts.
HCPCS Coding Questions
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- Explain the difference between HCPCS Level I and Level II codes.
- Share one (1) new piece of information you learned from the CMS website.
- Describe one aspect of HCPCS Level I/II coding you would like to learn more about.