- How you would determine the appropriate measurements and strategic drivers to assess annually?
there are 5 categories of strategy formulation available to utilize: directional strategies, adaptive, market entry, competitive, and implementation strategies. To be effective, the strategies must be formulated in a specific order.
- Why is it so important to formulate strategies in this specific order?
- Provide an example of each category of strategy formulation for discussion.
- Based on your perspective, is one type of strategy formulation more effective than another for an acute care hospital? Why or why not?
CNL-518 Topic 4: The Six Stages of Kohlberg
A female adolescent’s parents place a low priority on the value of an education. In fact, they prefer that she care for younger siblings instead of studying or completing a high school education. It is March. The student has told her parents that she has in-school suspension for the rest of the school year in order to have time to study, as she dreams of attending college one day.
Directions: Read the scenario listed above. Complete all sections of the matrix provided below from the perspective of an individual in each of the six stages of Kohlberg’s theory of moral development and the information from the provided scenario. Use complete sentences and include proper scholarly citations for any sources used.
Level 1: Preconventional Morality
|Stage||Adolescent’s Perspective||Rationale for your Responses|
Stage 1: Obedience and Punishment Orientation
Stage 2: Instrumental Relativist Orientation/Exchange of Favors
Stage 3: Conventional Level/Good Boy or Girl
Stage 4: Maintaining the Social Order
Stage 5: Social Contract and Individual Rights
Stage 6: Universal Principles
Review the following lecture:
- Internal Recruitment
The project assignment provides a forum for analyzing and evaluating relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
You are an HR Director who is beginning the process of hiring a new employee for a newly created job. A job analysis has been completed and the best candidate is someone who already has previous knowledge about a current product line being produced at the organization. The HR Director is looking to promote a current employee within the organization.
- Examine what system of recruitment HR should use, including the internal recruiting method(s) that should be used and why?
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages HR recruitment and provide rationale for your final choice(s).
- Analyze legal regulations and Equal Employment Opportunity laws and explain how you will avoid legal issues in your internal recruiting process.
- Evaluate the legal considerations of internal and external recruiting.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Name your file as SU_HRM5030_W3_Project_LastName_FirstName.
You have been asked to provide more data to support your strategic recommendations that the organization Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) should consider pursuing to effectively compete in the health care marketplace.
Prepare a report of 5â€“7 pages and include at least 5 relevant peer-reviewed academic or professional references published within the past five years that includes the following information:
- Prioritize all of the strategic recommendations that you identified in the Unit 2 report in order of effectiveness, explaining their impact on the organizationâ€™s competitive position in the health care marketplace.
- Prepare an estimate of the resources (operational, human, and length of time) that are needed to implement each of these recommendations.
- Using at least 3 appropriate financial ratios (compound annual growth rate (CAGR), return on equity (ROE), return on investment (ROI), net present value (NPV), profitability index (PI), internal rate of return (IRR), etc.) from your research, demonstrate the financial validity of each of your recommendations.
- Rank your recommendations based on financial impact.
When developing strategies for not-for-profit and public health organizations, a needs/capacity assessment is performed.
- Why must this special assessment be performed in lieu of another strategic alternative assessment, such as a SPACE analysis?
- Provide a hypothetical example to show your rationale for the special assessment process. The example given is open for peer comment and discussion.
What involvement does management need to have to achieve buy-in from internal and external stakeholders?
After reviewing your assessment of the Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) organizationâ€™s approach to addressing recent health care legislation and related evaluation of the strategic response commonly employed, leadership has asked you to develop an in-depth analysis of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) facing the organization that can be used to support strategic planning.
Prepare a report of 5â€“7 pages with a minimum of 5 relevant scholarly or professional peer-reviewed references that includes the following information:
- Perform a formal SWOT analysis, and identify and explain at least 5â€“7 elements in each category: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- Determine which stakeholder groups have the most influence on each of the elements identified in the formal SWOT analysis, and provide an explanation of the rationale to support your identification and how they impact the organizationâ€™s strategic plan.
- Project the likely organizational and operational outcomes that are possible if changes are made based on the SWOT analysis, and provide an explanation of the rationale supporting your projections.
- Predict the future viability of the organization if no changes are made based on the SWOT analysis, and provide an explanation of the rationale supporting your projections.
- Formulate at least 5 strategic recommendations that the organization should consider pursuing to effectively compete in the health care marketplace.
UHS, (2020). UHS Mission, Vision and Principles. https://www.uhsinc.com/our-values/uhs-principles/