Epidemiology and the Community[WLOs: 1, 4] [CLOs: 1, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read Chapter 4 of the course textbook and the National Vital Statics Report, 2018 Birth Report. In this assignment, update an existing CDC table with information from more recent study results provided in the 2018 National Vital Statistics ReportLinks to an external site..
The rates listed in the table are the most fundamental epidemiology rates. You will be able to provide the crude birth rate information missing from the column labeled “U.S. 2018” by finding the appropriate table within Births: Final data for 2018 published by National Vital Statistics Reports. To provide the other information missing from this column, you will need to research the CDC site and potentially use the statistical formulas provided. Fill in the missing components of this 2022 MPH601 Week 2 Assignment 1 TableLinks to an external site..
After completing the table,
- Identify whether the rates indicated increased or decreased from the 2013 national study.
- Reflect on whether this chart show that we are becoming healthier as a nation or sicker.
The Epidemiology and the Community assignment
- Must be at least two to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft WordLinks to an external site. resource.
- Must include the completed 2022 MPH601 Week 2 Assignment 1 TableLinks to an external site..
Must contain responses to the bulleted items above in paragraph form, not simply listed as bullets.
- Must demonstrate that you can collect, compile, and present a broad array of information in a narrative form.
Must include a separate title page with the following:
Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
Must use at least two scholarly or government sources. Be sure to integrate your research rather than simply inserting it.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- See the Writing Center’s Integrating ResearchLinks to an external site. for more information.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.