21st Century Careers:
We're the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click either of the buttons below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
1. Research. (All students)
Research the projections for one occupation that you’re in, or that you’re interested in. Find out what your selected occupation is projected to be like in the coming decade.
M2 Assignment – Research an Occupation
This written assignment on Research Projections for One Occupation has 2 parts for all students – research and writing.
- Research – Study the resources provided in the links below.
- Write and submit an occupational projections paper.
Do this research by reading about labor projections from the BLS document provided below and from the two websites linked below.
First, read about labor projections up to 2024, from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, December 8, 2015 Economic News Release. The entire release is available as:
- PDF Version of Economic News Release
- HTML Version of Economic News Release
- Table of Contents of Economic News Release
Next, consult these websites:
- Occupational Outlook Handbook The handbook provides information for 25 occupation groups. Find specific occupations in each industry, the employment outlook, and links to organizations with more information.
- America’s Career InfoNet From this page, explore occupational trends under Occupation Information, Industry Information, and State Information.
2. Write and submit an occupational projections paper. (All students)
Based on what you find out about projections, write a 1- to 2-page paper (at least 500 words). Include:
- 3 or 4 elements of the occupational projections that will most affect your selected occupation
- at least 4 citations from the resources above, showing where you found your information. Cite the BLS document at least once. Cite each of the 3 websites at least once.