A) Review the White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack Article and identify the statements that apply to you. Add them up giving 1 point for each item that applies as true to you and submit only your score, and thoughts. (White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack’ and ‘Some Notes for Facilitators’ | National SEED Project)`
B) Each student will prepare a Service Learning Visual Presentation. The student must include visuals within their presentation and can use formats like PowerPoint, Publisher, Prezi, create an Infograph, a Blog, Social Media post, or Website.
This is a one-page presentation slide! The presentation is a one page slide (or program of your choice) that acts as a resource flyer/brochure/infograph for your Service Learning Experience location. You should be able to complete this assignment without references, but if you need to cite a reference please remember to use APA format.
The presentation may include any information you wish, but it must include the following:
- A picture of the organization/agency’s sign, or their logo. (CapeFear Valley Hospital-Fayetteville North Carolina )
- Name of agency, location, telephone number, contact name (director and/or owner), and hours of operation.
- Services provided and populations served. What services does the agency provide? What kinds of clients are served by the agency: age range, gender, ethnic background, and needs of the clients?
- Information concerning agency structure: is it a profit or non-profit organization?
- What form of pay is accepted (private pay and cash, Medicaid, medicare, private insurance, sliding scale etc)
- What kind of clinicians are employed there or provide services there. Are MSW or BSW social workers employed there? Do providers need licenses such as LCSW’s or LCAS’s?
- What’s the referral process if an individual needs assistance from organization.