This assignment will give you the opportunity to analyze an ethical
situation you are familiar with, have personally experienced, or learned
about in the news. It should be an ethical situation in the
You will be graded on the following criteria:
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper or a five-minute video in which you:
- Thoroughly describe a situation that you have been involved in, are aware of, or have learned about in the news.
- How did the situation get to be an ethical issue?
- Was the situation handled correctly? Why or why not? If so, what
ethical concept was used to justify the action taken? If not, make sure
to include an ethical concept (s) (Kantian, utilitarian, virtue, etc.)
in your actions or recommendation. If the situation is not yet resolved,
make a recommendation using an ethical concept.
If you write a paper:
Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page is not included in the required page length.