ARGUMENTATIVE RESEARCH PAPER
THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE WRITTEN BELOW, PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW THOSE DIRECTIONS!
TOPIC: Effects of Social Media on College Students.
ARGUMENT: ARGUE HOW SOCIAL MEDIA EFFECTS NEGATIVELY ON COLLEGE STUDENTS.
This assignment requires you to use all of the skills you have been developing to analyze multiple texts, develop and support an argument, follow a process for writing, and use and cite sources properly. Your essay must be focused, must have clear and relevant details, must be well researched (with good, credible sources and accurate documentation), and must be well presented and persuasive. Your argument must also contain a counterargument/refutation.
- Develop an effective argument research paper (800 plus words) about the research topic that you have chosen.
Format your paper according to
- Create an interesting title that captures the interest of your reader and focuses your essay.
- Begin with a strong introduction that engages your reader and provides a clear thesis at the end of the introduction.
- Develop at least three support paragraphs about your perspective. Contain topic sentences that refer back to the thesis and provide supporting details from your research and your analyses
- Include a counterargument/refutation of another perspective in a separate paragraph or within your support paragraphs.
- Use evidence from at least FIVE sources to support your opinions and a source for your refutation. Clearly cited references and quotations using the MLA parenthetical form of citations and A Works Cited page using MLA format.
- End with a strong conclusion that restates your thesis in different wording and sums up what the reader should take away from the essay.