Business Information Systems
- Purpose of the project: To create a relational database using Microsoft Access with table, form, query, and report. Use several data types and apply properties like Lookup data, Input Masks, etc.
- Skills/Knowledge: Chapter 5 and Microsoft Access (2016, 2019, 2021, or 365)
- Description: You have started a business selling a product or service. Use Microsoft Access and complete the following steps to create a database for your customers (SEE ATTACHED FILE)
- Purpose: To create a database file (from scratch) for customers of your business with Table, Form, Query, and
- Report.Skills/Knowledge: Chapter 5 of the textbook, Relational Databases and Microsoft Access V3.0 Textbook in PDF, and MS Access.
- Description: Please follow the steps in the attached PDF file and create a database file for your customers using Microsoft Access.
Textbook Link For Use;
Business Information Systems Purpose of the project: To create a relational database using Microsoft Access with table, form, query, and report. Use several data types and apply properties like Lookup
MS Access Project MIS 3 03 GMU/SBUS Purpose of the project : To c reate a relational database using Microsoft Access with table, form, quer y, and report. Use several data types and apply properties like Lookup data , Input Masks , etc. Skills/ Knowledge: Chapter 5 and Microsoft Access (2016, 2019, 2021, or 365) Description: You have started a business selling a product or service. Use Microsoft Access and complete the following steps to create a database for your customers : 1. Open Microsoft Access and creat e a new Blank Database. 2. Create a table by clicking on “Table Design” in the “Tables” tab and add the following fields with their data types: Table: I. CustomerID (AutoNumber) (3 points) II. FirstName ( Short Text (15) , Not Null ) (5 points) III. LastName ( Short Text (20) , Not Null ) (5 points) IV. Gender (Short Text (1), Uppercase, Gender can only be F (for female) or M (for male) or N (for not known)). If you enter a letter other than the above 3, there should be a notification (text box) informing you about the proper le tter (Validation Text) (3 points each, a total of 12 points) V. Address (Short Text (30)) (2.5 points) VI. City (Short Text (20)) (2.5 points) VII. State (Short Text (2), Uppercase , All customers are from the DMV area (DC, MD, VA), use the Lookup Wizard to pick the state ) (2.5 , 2.5 , and 5 points each, a total of 10 points ) VIII. Zip Code (Short Text, Format: 12345 -6789) (5 points) IX. Email ( Hyperlink, Not Null ) (5 points) X. Mobile Phone ( Short Text, Format: (123) 456 -7890, Not Null ) (6 points) XI. Home Phone (Short Text, Format: 123 -456 -7890) (4 points) XII. Set the CustomerID field as the primary key . Then save the table as ” Customers ” (2.5 points) XIII. Manually enter data (at least 10 customers) using the datasheet view. Your customers must be from all 3 states. (2.5 points) (65 points total ) 3. Using the Form Wizard in Access, create a Form to enter data with all the fields in your address book. Select the “ Columnar ” Layout for this Form. Save the form as ” Customer sForm “. Add two more customers using this Form and verify that they appear in the Table too. ( 10 and 2.5 points each, 1 2.5 points total ) 4. Create a Query by using Query Wizard with First Name, Last Name, State, Email, Mobile Phone, and Home Phone . Save the query as “ Customer sQuery ”. Sort this query by the Last Name in “Ascending Order”. ( 8 and 2 points, 1 0 points total ). 5. Create a Report of the customers who live in the state of Virginia, from the above Query by using the Report Wizard. Group the Report by the Last Name. Select “Tabular” or “ Stepped ” for Layout (whicheve r one your Access Program offers) and “ Landscape ” for Orientation for this report. Save the report as “ VirginianCustomerReport ”. (5 points for the Query by criterion and 7.5 points for the Report, 1 2.5 points total ) 6. You must close your Access file before u ploading it to Bb. 7. Upload your Access file into Blackboard by the due date.