Answer four (4) of the following questions. Answer each question in a carefully prepared essay of 300 to 500 words (one to two typed pages, double-spaced). Use specific examples to illustrate your points, but do not merely copy information from the textbook. Creative thinking and your own wording are important aspects of an effective answer. When you have completed the activity, proofread your answers for correct grammar, spelling, etc., and be certain you have answered the questions completely.
- Define memory. Describe types of memory, including implicit and explicit memory and declarative and procedural memory.
- Define and explain the difference between short-term and long-term memory.
- Define cognitive psychology. Include reference to the areas (language use, visual cognition, problem solving and reasoning, judging and deciding) that typically fall into its domain.
- Describe three theories concerning the sources of motivation.
- Define the need for achievement and discuss how attributions for success and failure affect a personâ€™s motivation to achieve.
- Define emotion. Briefly summarize the theories of emotion outlined in the text.