Option 2: Home Maintenance
Week 2: Learning Team Instructions – Algorithm Planning for Home Maintenance
The first phase of your team’s project consists of two steps. Step 1 is to design the application. Consider the following:
- Which maintenance tasks will be included in your application?
- Will these tasks be related to a specific purpose? If so, will this purpose be indicated on the user interface?
- Will the user interface consist of one or more screens?
- How will the user enter the status of the each maintenance task? How will that status be displayed?
Step 2 is to plan how your team will develop a program that calculates how many tasks have not yet been completed.
- Create a complete list of activities, placed in logical order, that must be completed in the first phase of the programming development cycle.
- Determine the modules that will be needed in the program.
- Design a top-level algorithm that calls each module as needed.
Write a simple algorithm in pseudocode that lists the program’s input, output, and processing components in a logical, sequential order. At this stage, do not show the tasks and subtasks within each component.
Submit a Word document with a 1- to 2-paragraph Learning Team Status Report that includes what the team accomplished for the week, any issues encountered, and plans for the next week.