Please conduct analysis of gender role and sexuality messages in the media by exploring two internet sites, one aimed at a female audience and other aimed at a male audience.
Using each website, conduct an analysis of the sitesâ€™ information, answering the following questions:
- What messages do these sites contain about gender roles?
- How are women supposed to look, act, and/or think?
- How are men supposed to look, act, and/or think?
- What messages do these sites contain about â€œromanticâ€ or â€œsexualâ€ relationships?
- Are these messages different for women and men?
- What similar phrases are used to describe gender or sexuality?
- What patterns do you see?
- Compare the patterns you see here to your own experience.
- What is your reaction to your findings?
After taking notes on the activities described above, summarize your findings in at least 2 paragraphs.