- Select a population health issue of interest to you and identify the population affected by the issue. The issue I chose is Nutrition, physical activity and obesity. Population is childhood.
- Locate two scholarly articles, each of which provides a description of an effective health advocacy campaign that addresses your issue. The articles need to focus on two different advocacy campaigns.
- Analyze the attributes of the two campaigns to determine what made them effective.
- Reflect on a policy you could propose or suggest a change to a current policy to improve the health of the population you selected.
- Consider how you could develop an advocacy campaign, applying the attributes identified in similar, effective campaigns.
For the Part 1 application (approximately 3–4 pages of content with a title page and references in APA format) address the following:
- Describe your selected population health issue and the population affected by this issue.
- Summarize the two advocacy campaigns you researched in this area.
- Explain the attributes that made those campaigns effective.
- Begin to develop a plan for a health advocacy campaign that seeks to create a new policy or change an existing policy with regard to the issue and population you selected. Be sure to include in your plan:
A description of the public health issue and proposed policy solution
- Specific objectives for the policy you want to be implemented
- Begin to substantiate of your proposed campaign by data and evidence.