You are part of an interdisciplinary team that has been highly effective. Your supervisor asks you to write a short article about why the team has been so successful and submit it to the organizational newsletter for publication.
Search the Capella library and the Internet for peer-reviewed journal articles on collaboration and teamwork in health care. You will need at least 3 articles to support your work on this assessment.
In the article you write for this assessment, be sure you do the following:
- Explain the concept of true collaboration in health care.
- Describe the benefits of effective collaboration and teamwork in health care for the following groups:
- Team members.
- Describe the characteristics and concepts required for effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Describe barriers to effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Identify evidence-based strategies to overcome barriers to effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Format this assessment according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Ensure your assessment is 3–4 pages.
- Use double-spaced, 12-pt., Times New Roman font.
Suggested Library Resources
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Petri, L. (2010). Concept analysis of interdisciplinary collaboration. Nursing Forum, 45(2), 73–82.
- Bender, M., Connelly, C. D., & Brown, C. (2013). Interdisciplinary collaboration: The role of the clinical nurse leader. Journal of Nursing Management, 21(1), 165–174.
- Supper, I., Catalo, O., Lustman, M., Chemla, C., Bourgueil, Y., & Letrilliant, L. (2015). Interprofessional collaboration in primary healthcare: A review of facilitators and barriers perceived by involved actors. Journal of Public Health, 37(4), 717–727.
- Youngwerth, J., & Twaddle, M. (2011). Cultures of interdisciplinary teams: How to foster good dynamics. Journal of Palliative Medicine, 14(5), 650–654.
- Perreault, K., & Careau, E. (2012). Interprofessional collaboration: One or multiple realities? Journal of Interprofessional Care, 26(4), 256–258.
Course Library Guide
A Capella University library guide has been created specifically for your use in this course. You are encouraged to refer to the resources in the BSN-FP4002 – Assessment, Communication, and Collaboration Library Guide to help direct your research.
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have either been granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.