- Students will become familiar with business theories and approaches relating to various business environments (Domestic, Global, Technological, Political-Legal, Socio-Cultural, and Economic).
- Students will evaluate the business environments and practices of selected companies.
- Students will evaluate the business environments of a company identified as a “worst” company to learn why it is not successful.
- Students will apply successful company strategies and business theory to recommend a successful strategy for the “worst” company.
Using your selected “Worst” company and see what it takes to make it in the Domestic Environment, then in the Global Environment. Concentrate on the domestic and global environments and determine the government regulations for your company in differing countries. Your assignment will continue with your selected Worst List company. Refer to Week 3 Lesson for more information and details.
The technological environment includes how the rapid pace of change in production processes and product innovation affect a business. The technological environment also consists of what affects the technology and which can create new products, new markets, and new marketing opportunities. This week you’ll begin to identify barriers for your chosen “Worst” company. Continue to Lesson 4 for more information and details.
LO – 1 – Identifying one of the business environments used in this course, the student will be able to discuss that environment’s past, present, and future with the use one business theorist.
LO – 2 – Given a chosen company, the student will determine how government regulations affect the company and how to overcome barriers within the Domestic Environment using business theory
LO – 3 – Given a chosen company, the student will assess barriers raised by government regulations in the company’s Global Environment and identify strategies for success given these barriers.
LO – 4 – Given a chosen company, the student will detect and evaluate the company’s hard and soft technology using both the Domestic and Global environments of the company.
PROMPT: Research the domestic, global, and technological environments of your selected worst company and write an essay in APA format that covers the following:
1. Identify the company, describe the nature of its industry, and describe the domestic environment (home company). For example, U.S. Air operates in the airline industry. Its home country and domestic environment are the United States.
a. Summarize the company’s industry, how long it has been in business and the attribute for which it is the least or worst admired companyb. Investigate and explain the domestic government regulations associated with the chosen industry
2. Identify the global environment (consider two international countries other than North America/look beyond Canada or Mexico)
a. What are the characteristics of the Global Country/Environment that will best suit the company for success
3. Identify the hard and soft technology used for both domestic and global environments of your company. This topic is not about computers or software; see the lesson
4. What are the domestic, global, and technological barriers for the business and how will the company overcome those barriers?
• Organize your paper using topic headings (APA format)• Research requirement: minimum 2 sources with at least one source from your required readings.• Minimum page requirement: 4 pages in APA format not to exceed 6 pages.