Post a comparison of at least two APRN board of nursing regulations in your state/region( Illinois board of nursing) with those of at least one other state/region (California board of nursing).
Describe how they may differ. Be specific and provide examples.
Then, explain how the regulations you selected may apply to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs) who have legal authority to practice within the full scope of their education and experience.
Provide at least one example of how APRNs may adhere to the two regulations you selected.
Require reading for references
Milstead, J. A., & Short, N. M. (2019). Health policy and politics: A nurse’s guide (6th ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 4, “Government Response: Regulation” (pp. 57–84)
- American Nurses Association. (n.d.). ANA enterprise Links to an external site.. Retrieved September 20, 2018, from http://www.nursingworld.org
- Bosse, J., Simmonds, K., Hanson, C., Pulcini, J., Dunphy, L., Vanhook, P., & Poghosyan, L. (2017). Position statement: Full practice authority for advanced practice registered nurses is necessary to transform primary care Links to an external site.. Nursing Outlook, 65(6), 761–765.
- Halm, M. A. (2018). Evaluating the impact of EBP education: Development of a modified Fresno test for acute care nursing Download Evaluating the impact of EBP education: Development of a modified Fresno test for acute care nursing. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing, 15(4), 272–280. doi:10.1111/wvn.12291
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) Links to an external site.. (n.d.). Retrieved September 20, 2018, from https://www.ncsbn.org/index.htm
- Neff, D. F., Yoon, S. H., Steiner, R. L., Bumbach, M. D., Everhart, D., & Harman J. S. (2018). The impact of nurse practitioner regulations on population access to care Links to an external site.. Nursing Outlook, 66(4), 379–385.
- Peterson, C., Adams, S. A., & DeMuro, P. R. (2015). mHealth: Don’t forget all the stakeholders in the business case Links to an external site.. Medicine 2.0, 4(2), e4.
Answers all parts of the discussion question(s) expectations with reflective critical analysis and synthesis of knowledge gained from the course readings for the module and current credible sources. … Supported by at least three current, credible sources. … Written clearly and concisely with no grammatical or spelling errors and fully adheres to current APA manual writing rules and style.