Critical Thinking: Corporate Strategy for Diversification (105 points)
Diversification strategies raise a wide range of strategic management issues. For this assignment, select a KSA company whose strategy includes or included diversification and explore their motives, competitive advantage, and strategic planning based on the topics from Chapter 12 and the assigned reading.
- Identify and provide company strategic details and consider what circumstances existed that motivated this company to diversify.
- What mode of diversification did the company adopt? How does this relate to their resources and capabilities?
- What are the benefits of diversification in this industry and how significant are they in the shape and growth of the industry?
- What are the implications of the strategy chosen for the organizational structure, management systems, and allocation of decision making within the diversified firm?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5 to 7 pages in length, which does not include the title page or required reference page, which are never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
- It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the Turnitin Originality Check before submitting it to your instructor for grading. If you are unsure how to submit an assignment into the Originality Check tool, review the Turnitin Originality Check—Student Guide for step-by-step instructions.
- Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.