COVID-19 presents us with a real challenge and a real responsibility. These ideas invite debate, engagement and action by governments, international organizations, civil society, educational professionals, as well as learners and stakeholders at all levels.
You must re-imagine an aspect of education inspired by these concrete actions.
Examples to use for Inspiration
UNESCO’s main themes offer entry-points toward the kinds of program, technology, or learning network you might create. For instance, you’ll notice programs dedicated to the development of girls’ and womens’ education, technological access, teacher education, distance learning, and more. LINK to UNESC’s main themes: https://en.unesco.org/themes/education/
COVID-19 Reimagine Learning Challenge takes you to the projects selected by openIDEO in their re-imagining learning challenge. Link to COVID-19 Reimagine Learning Challenge: https://challenges.openideo.com/servlet/hype/IMT?userAction=Browse&templateName=&documentId=904dce1ffd1031a206f0cda12509f6ac&RK=0b9c757ea50e9b8841e0a2d28ca910bc
Creativity Spotlight: Five Innovation Responses to COVID-19 leads you to a document (as a PDF) created by HundrED.org, a not-for-profit organization that seeks and shares inspiring innovations in K-12 education. One interesting aspect of this document is that they look at innovation across three scales: High-quality resources; scalable innovations that have the potential to spread; and bold initiatives that can be used as inspiration. Link to Creativity Spotlight: Five Innovation Responses to COVID-19: https://cdn.hundred.org/uploads/report/file/34/hundred_spotlight_innovation_responses_covid-19_digital.pdf
- Your project can take many forms, including a slide deck, a “trailer” for the project, or some other kind of media.
- Project is clearly informed by UNESCO’s call for action.
- Project must use data (i.e. Social Explorer maps, World Bank Open Data) to identify or further illustrate a problem that design addresses. Credible Sources only. Ensure that there is a works-cited page on the last slide deck
- Project is informed by tenets of human-centered design or design for justice.
- Project is either approximately 550 words (if written) or approximately 8 detailed slides if slide deck. Components must include:
Please see attachment for Instructoons