Create a two-page client education handout for NAFLD using appropriate resources.
The handout should include the following:
- TWO pages plus a reference page (see step 3 for your references)
Written as a handout (short sections with limited verbiage and including bullet points, columns, or tables.
- Word templates for brochures
- Article on how to make brochure in Pages (Mac) – make sure you convert to PDF before you submit (directions are in the article)
- A minimum of two graphics – used to enhance the content
Sections of the handout should address the following:
- Summary of the NAFLD condition. i.e., How does the condition develop? What is the effect on the body? Why is it a serious health condition?
- The lifestyle factors (and other risk factors) that lead to NAFLD
- General nutrition recommendations.
- Foods allowed and not allowed. i.e., the foods that should be limited/reduced or encouraged (normally in a table or columns). This must be a detailed list of foods on both sides. They must be in the students’ words (i.e., graphics should replace the content you are being graded on).
- Medications/supplements that are commonly used to treat NAFLD (can include necessary vitamins); and which should be avoided.
On a separate page from the handout, create a reference list for the sources used to make the handout. Resources must be cited using APA 7 format.
******Ensure that your final project is in Word or PDF format. Attach to this assignment and submit it to Unicheck before the due date.
*Unicheck will check your document for academic honesty. You should ensure that your handout does not exceed 40%. If it does, please revise your handout to include more of your own thoughts, words, and phrases.
(Attached to the files it’s a example of a handout page and how the original one should look like)
(second attached file includes a checklist points to follow when creating the patient handout)
Create a two-page client education handout for NAFLD using appropriate resources. The handout should include the following: TWO pages plus a reference page (see step 3 for your references)Written a
Patient Education Handout Checklist Readability Logical order Easy to read with simple, common words and fonts Positive messages Accurate. Messages are consistent with the readings from class. Images supplement the reading and meet the target audience (patients with little medical knowledge) Rubric Requirements Two Pages The content is provided within a two-page document. Two Graphics A minimum of two graphics are used to accentuate the content of the handout. Summary of the Condition A summary of the condition that includes information to answer these questions: How does the condition develop? What is the effect on the body? Why is it a serious health condition? Lifestyle Factors The handout lists lifestyle factors (and other risk factors) that lead to the condition. General Nutrition Recommendations The handout includes a description of the overall nutrition recommendations for the condition. It describes the relationship of nutrition with the condition. Foods Allowed and Not Allowed The handout includes a robust list of foods that are beneficial to the treatment of the condition and a list of foods that should be limited due to the condition. Ensures a variety of foods from each food group is represented. Medications The handout lists or describes medications that are commonly used to treat the condition. References A separate reference page is submitted with the handout that includes correct citations using APA 7 formatting. Unicheck Score is less than 40% Verifies the score is less than 40%. Revises and resubmits until the score is less than 40%. Unicheck scores 40-89% will be docked half the points (25 points) Unicheck scores >89% will receive a zero grade.