We're the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click either of the buttons below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Create a 15–20 page curriculum evaluation that incorporates the curriculum analysis and course design you created for Assessments 1 and 2.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
You will use the work you completed for Assessments 1 and 2 as parts of this assessment. Combine Assessments 1 and 2, and add a section about curriculum evaluation. The evaluation you create should flow smoothly as one cohesive document. When combining the previous assessments, make revisions based on feedback you received from faculty.
Consider curriculum evaluation and address the following:
- Explain the importance of ongoing curriculum evaluation, why it is important, and for whom it is important.
- List criteria that are important to consider in curriculum evaluation.
- Explain how and why pilot testing can be used in curriculum evaluation.
- Provide examples of both short-term and long-term curriculum evaluations for process improvement, and explain why are both types necessary to curriculum development.
- Describe how to apply evidence-based nursing concepts, theories, and best practices to improve curriculum development.
- Identify the appropriate accreditation body for a selected curriculum and describe appropriate accreditation evaluation criteria.
- For example, a school of nursing might be accredited by CCNE or ACEN, whereas a hospital staff development program might be accredited by JCAHO, HFAP, or others.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free from errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Cite a minimum of five resources that are not included in the Suggested Resources for this assessment.
- Length of evaluation: 15–20 typed double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and the reference page.
- Appendix: Included appropriate material from Assessments 1 and 2. The appendix will not be included in the page count.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Capella University Library Resources
These resources review definitions, concepts and theories related to nursing education evaluation:
- Oermann, M. H. (Ed.) (2013). Teaching in nursing and role of the educator. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 14, “Program Evaluation.”
- Keating, S. B. (2014). Curriculum development and evaluation in nursing (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 16, “Program Evaluation.”
This resource addresses core competencies in nursing education.
- Morris, T. L., & Hancock, D. R. (2013). Institute of Medicine core competencies as a foundation for nursing program evaluation. Nursing Education Perspectives, 34(1), 29–33.
These resources explore different strategies for evaluating nursing education programs.
- Lubejko, B. G. (2016). Developing a program evaluation plan: Options and opportunities. The Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 47(9), 388–389.
- Lewallen, L. P. (2015). Practical strategies for nursing education program evaluation. Journal of Professional Nursing, 31(2), 133–140.
- Story, L., Butts, J. B., Bishop, S. B., Green, L., Johnson, K., & Mattison, H. (2010). Innovative strategies for nursing education program evaluation. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(6), 351–354.
- Horne, E., & Sandmann, L. R. (2012). Current trends in systematic program evaluation of online graduate nursing education: An integrative literature review. Journal of Nursing Education, 51(10), 570–578.
These resources provide nursing education evaluation examples:
- Schwindt, R. G., McNelis, A. M., & Sharp, D. (2014). Evaluation of a theory-based education program to motivate nursing students to intervene with their seriously mentally ill clients who use tobacco. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 28(4), 277–283.
- Hulme, P. A., Houfek, J. F., Fiandt, K., Barron, C., & Muhlbauer, S. (2015). Educating integrated family/psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioners: Program development and evaluation. Journal of Nursing Education, 54(9), 493–499.
- Flood, J. L. (2016). Undergraduate nursing students and cross-cultural care: A program evaluation. Nurse Education Today, 36, 190–194.
These resources review specific meta-evaluations (the evaluation of evaluations) in nursing education programs:
- Ardisson, M., Smallheer, B., Moore, G., & Christenbery, T. (2015). Meta-evaluation: Experiences in an accelerated graduate nurse education program. Journal of Professional Nursing, 31(6), 508–515.
- Nursing; Reports from Vanderbilt University describe recent advances in nursing research (Meta-evaluation: Experiences in an accelerated graduate nurse education program). (2016). Health & Medicine Week, 3608.
Use the Internet to read more about the following accrediting agencies and review their accreditation guidelines:
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. (2013). Standards for accreditation of baccalaureate and graduate nursing programs [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation/Standa…
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. (2016). Accreditation manual. Retrieved from http://www.acenursing.org/resources-acen-accredita…
- NLN Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA). (2016). Accreditation standards for nursing education programs. Retrieved from http://www.nln.org/docs/default-source/accreditati…