In Chapters 8 and 9, we reviewed several types of global expansion
strategies a company can undertake when entering new markets. For this
assignment, you will read Walmart’s Global Strategies case study and then respond to the following questions and make decisions based on those questions.
- What was Walmart’s early global expansion strategy? Was this a good strategy for Walmart? Why or why not?
- What cultural problems did Walmart face in some of the international markets it entered?
Now, assume the role as the Director of Walmart’s global strategic
planning team and you have been tasked to explore the benefits and
challenges of expansion into one of the following regions. Choose one of
the following regions and describe the opportunities and challenges in
that region. Summarize the cultural environment, choose an entry
strategy from the text, and describe how you would implement this entry
strategy. Make sure you are very detailed in your explanation.
- Latin America
- European Union
- Southeast Asia
- Middle East
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, which does not include the title page,
abstract, or required reference page, which are never a part of the
content minimum requirements.
- Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles. Review the grading rubric to see how you will be graded for this assignment.
- read the Chapters 8 & 9 in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
- read the Chapter 9 PowerPoint slides in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
- ” you can find it in google or any library “