Desegregation Court Case Analysis–Pick two cases from the ones above
Desegregation Cases (click on this for cases)-Pick 2 ONLY from this list for your report -2
- COWAN v. BOLIVAR COUNTY BD. OF EDUC., 186 F. Supp. 3d 564 (N.D. Miss. 2016).
- US v. JUNCTION CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 75, No. 1: 66-cv-1095 (W.D. Ark. Mar. 8, 2019).
- US v. Covington County School Dist., 499 F.3d 464 (5th Cir. 2007).
- Stevenson v. BLYTHEVILLE SCHOOL DIST.# 5, 800 F.3d 955 (8th Cir. 2015).
- Little Rock School Dist. v. Pulaski County Special School District No. 1, 921 F.2d 1371 (8th Cir. 1990).
- Banks v. ST. JAMES PARISH SCHOOL BOARD, No. 16-31052 (5th Cir. Dec. 12, 2018).
- STOUT BY STOUT v. Jefferson County Bd. of Educ., 882 F.3d 988 (11th Cir. 2018).
- PARENTS INV. IN COMM. SCH. v. Seattle School, 551 U.S. 701, 127 S. Ct. 2738, 168 L. Ed. 2d 508 (2007).
- McNeal v. Tate County School District, No. 2: 70-CV-00029-DMB (N.D. Miss. June 14, 2016).
Use two (2) of the court cases that are attached in modules regarding segregation. . For each case you will need to include:
- Proper APA citation court case
- The court that rendered the decision
- Summary of the details of the case
- Finding of the court
- Summary of justification from the court
- Any implications this decision has on public education at the state, district, and/or school levels moving forward.
Your submission should be less that two (2) pages per court case. Make sure your document is formatted in APA (Double spaced lines, 2 spaces after punctuation, etc.) Do NOT just cut and paste from the court cases.