OVERVIEW: Develop a 4-6 page specific, actionable self-development plan to increase your personal effectiveness.
For Assessment 4, you gave a presentation for upper management on strategies for approaching change in teams and groups. Your immediate supervisor attended and afterward congratulated you on all the change leadership you have recently provided. She lets you know that for the next several weeks you will be back on her individual staff development initiative. For starters, she wants you to draft a staff development plan that can help train more change leaders to make the kinds of contributions you have been making lately!
Using the results of the Agile Leadership Self-Assessment, create a self-development plan that includes the following:
- Identify personal change-related leadership competencies targeted for development. Consider one or two competencies to focus on for this assessment.
- Support with a rationale the importance of each identified change-related leadership competency.
- Develop an action plan for each change-related leadership competency. Include at least four actionable steps for each identified competency.
- Explain action steps for improving each change-related leadership competency. Be as specific as you can in explaining your deliberate experimentation for increasing your effectiveness.
- Develop a timeline for each action step, including a target date for assessing progress. Use the next six-month period for your timeline.
- Your development plan should be written coherently to support a central idea. Use appropriate APA format, with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
- Length: 4–6 pages.
- Written communication: Demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through accurate communication of thoughts that convey the overall goals of the assessment and do not detract from the message.
- Formatting: Use APA formatting, including correct in-text citations, proper punctuation, double spacing throughout, proper headings and subheadings, no extra line spaces before headings and subheadings, proper paragraph and block indentation, no bolding, one-inch margins all around, and no bullets.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.