- Locate a recent news article on an organization that has undergone a significant change, such as entering a new international location, scaling back from a particular market, downsizing, cutting back on product or service offerings, or moving manufacturing offshore.
- Review the Academic Writing Expectations for 2000/3000-Level Courses, provided in this week’s Learning Resources.
By Day 3
Post a 150- to 225-word (2- to 3-paragraph) analysis of the environment for the organization featured in the news article using the five Cs of situational analysis. In your analysis, address the following:
- How do you think each of the five Cs had an effect on the company’s change? (Be sure to mention each C and provide your hypothesis for how that factor impacted decision making.)
- Which one of the five Cs was the most significant factor in this decision? Provide a rationale for your answer using specific examples.
- Based on the information you have available, did this company make the right decision? Why or why not?
- To support your response, be sure to reference at least one properly cited scholarly source.