Due Week 10 and worth 130 points
Congratulations! You made it to your final assignment, and you have learned so much along the way.
- In the personal essay, you learned how to write with a strong personal voice.
- In the informative essay, you learned how to write objectively and support your points with credible sources to inform the audience.
Now in your final assignment, you will combine these writing techniques to write a stance essay. A stance essay takes a position on a topic and argues and supports that position with evidence. Consider your topic:
- What possible positions/arguments are there?
- Identify the three reasons why this category and topic are meaningful to you.
- Each main body paragraph should match the reasons stated in your thesis. Suggested paragraph length is 5-7 sentences each.
- Include a clear conclusion that restates your thesis.
For the stance essay, your personal voice (your perspective) should come through. This is just like assignment 1, except you should maintain a formal tone. And just like assignment 2, you will need to support your points with credible sources. You’re ready to take a position on the topic you have been writing about and to be persuasive!