Evidence-Based Practice and Measurement Procedures
For this assignment, you will provide a long answer essay response to each of the questions below. For each question, you are encouraged to use the peer-reviewed resources provided throughout the units to support your responses. Please do not copy and paste the whole question into the document. Rather, provide a brief heading that correlates with each section below.
Scientist – Practitioner Model
Discuss with a strong rationale why embracing the Scientist – Practitioner model as a behavior analyst is important to your clients and to the field of ABA as a whole.
- Your discussion should include how evidence-based practices, reliable and valid measurement, social validity, and treatment integrity each play an important role in supporting the scientist-practitioner model and your work as an effective and ethical behavior professional.
- Read the Case Study.
Frank is a ten-year-old student in the 5th grade. He participates in the general education classroom setting for all his classes and is placed in accelerated math class due to his strength in that content area. Teachers report that they are concerned about Frank’s attention and work completion, particularly in Language Arts and Social Studies. Teachers state that Frank is often off-task, requiring frequent prompts to get started on his work. Frank frequently puts his head down, looks at books or plays with materials that are in his desk. As a result, Frank rarely completes his classwork in a timely manner. At other times, when Frank is prompted several times to engage in a non-preferred task, he will become disruptive by shouting out things like, “I don’t WANT to do that!”, kicking the desk or other classroom furniture, or banging on the desk. He also has been reported to ask for a bathroom break, staying in the bathroom for long periods of time before being sought out by another student to return to class.
Provide the following information based on the information provided:
- Operational definition of the behaviors.
- Determine what kind of data recording method(s) are most appropriate for each behavior with a rationale explaining your decisions.
Your assignment should be 5-6 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title Page: Provide the assignment title, your name, course and section number, instructor name, and date.
Body: Include an introductory and a concluding paragraph. Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs, using appropriate personal and professional insights.
- The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose that is clearly established and sustained. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
- Your responses should meet professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate and reflect knowledge of applied behavior analysis.
Reference Page: Sources listed in APA format.
- Include a minimum of three scholarly peer-reviewed sources to support your responses and conclusions.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left aligned.
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
- Use current APA formatting and citation style.