For this assignment, you will prepare a presentation on an organization currently involved in social change. This can be a local, national, or global organization and an organization in which you have membership or is of interest to you. You can use presentation software/programs such as Prezi, Kaltura, Powerpoint, Keynote, or Youtube. Be creative in the assignment–you can include audio and/or video clips from meetings, media coverage, or of yourself, graphs, images, links, etc. The presentation should be creative and visually appealing as well as incorporate each of the following components:
- Address your interest in the selected organization or group as well as describe the group itself.
- Next, view the website, social media outlets, etc. for the group. How is this group related to social change? How do they gain members/support? Remember that you can include images, links, etc. in your presentation.
- Describe their mission and methods.
- Next, analyze the group using one of the theoretical perspectives in the textbook. Address the kind of change, level of change, causes of change (internal vs. external), and intentions.
- What has been the impact of the group at the local/national level?
- Finally, incorporate at least two peer-reviewed, scholarly sources that also address the particular type of social change that you are examining.
Be sure to follow standard APA formatting. Include a title slide. Include APA formatted in-text citations and full references for all paraphrased and quoted work from other sources in a reference slide.