Conduct research to find one for-profit business, i.e., Company A, that is headquartered in one country and sources products or services from a company in another country, i.e. Company B, that are used in Company’s A final products or services offered for sale. Company B represents the supply chain for Company A. (An example of this is Apple – Company A – which sources manufacturing of some of its products from Foxconn – Company B. The end-of-chapter discussion case on pp. 392-93 provide details of this example.) Describe the following from your research (350 words total for all questions):
- What are the names of your two companies and the countries in which each is located?
- Does your company have any social, ethical, or environmental issues in its supply chain (Lawrence & Weber, 2017, pp. 376-380)? If so, please briefly describe.
- Does your company engage in supply chain transparency (Lawrence & Weber, 2017, p. 381)? If so, please briefly describe.
- Does your company engage in supply chain audits (Lawrence & Weber, 2017, pp. 384-387)? If so, please briefly describe the type of audit.
- In your opinion, does your Company A ethically manage its supply chain? Why or why not?