Hello, I am looking for someone to do my discussion post. Please see details listed below.
(SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT FIELD)
This forum will be used for discussion in Weeks 5 and 6.
Before starting, review the cover letter and résumé assignment instructions, including the instructions for choosing an appropriate job announcement
For this assignment, you will be preparing your own cover letter and résumé! Even if you may not be planning to apply for a new job anytime soon, use this activity to begin planning for the future.
If you are unsure of your career plans, go to the Student Success Center and search to “Explore Careers”. Then, from the search results, select some career fields to explore. For this assignment, you will need to choose a specific job in a specific career field.
Step 1: Find a job announcement.
Find a job announcement related to your career field. It should be a real job that you would legitimately consider or actually are applying for either now or in the future. For this job announcement:
- You may use any job board to find a job announcement.
- You may use an internal vacancy announcement with an organization at which you are currently employed.
- You may use a job description for a military position to which you plan to be promoted in the future.
- You may use a job description from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook. (Use the “What They Do” section of your chosen career as your “job announcement” for this assignment.)
Your cover letter and résumé must be tailored to match the qualifications of this job announcement and thus persuade the audience that you should be hired for this job!
Step 2: Submit your cover letter and résumé for reviews. (Due Thursday of Week 5 in Weeks 5/6 Peer Review Forum)
1. (REQUIRED) Submit your cover letter and résumé for a peer review in the Weeks 5/6 peer review forum discussion. Follow the instructions there for the peer-review process.
2. (OPTIONAL) Send your résumé to Career Services for a review. (You can also email your résumé to Career Services at
.) The review can take up to 7 business days.
Step 3: Submit your cover letter and résumé. (Due end of Week 6)
After receiving feedback from your peers (and Career Services) and doing your own self-review based on the peer-review experience, REVISE your cover letter and résumé.
Submit here THREE separate files:
1. Job Announcement
2. Cover Letter
Use all principles of writing studied so far in the course (Six Cs of Communication, positive emphasis, “you” approach, message formatting and organization, etc.). Remember, the name of each attached file should be descriptive and short!
Recruiters average less than ten seconds reviewing a résumé! What do they focus on in that time?