the data model for child care center ( attached below) , copy and paste that data model graphic into paper using MS Word. In the MS Word document, list the following:
- all the entities
- all the attributes in each entity
- the primary key for each entity
- all the foreign keys
- all the relationship cardinalities between entities (e.g., a professor can teach one to many classes; an individual class is taught by one and only one professor)
- for each relationship between entities, specify the name of the attribute in one entity that will be used to match to an attribute in a related entity, including the specific attribute name in the second entity that is used for the matching. For instance, in a school data model: â€œThe Student_ID attribute in the Registered_Class entity is used to match to the Student_ID attribute in the Enrolled_Student entity.â€
- Textbook: Module 3 â€“ The Relational Data Model
- Video: Module 3 â€“ Relational Database Tables and Their Characteristics (3:13 min.)
- Video: Module 3 â€“ Relational Database Keys (1:48 min.)
- PowerPoint: Module 3 Review charts
- Textbook: Module 4 â€“ Entity Relationship (ER) Modeling
- Video: Module 4 – Entity Relationship Diagrams: Part I – Entities and Attributes (3:46 min.)
- Video: Module 4 – Entity Relationship Diagrams: Part II Identifiers (1:19 min.)
- Video: Module 4 – Entity Relationship Diagrams: Part III Relationships (3:54 min.)
- Video: Module 4 – Entity Relationship Diagrams: Part IV Relationship Degrees (2:13 min.)
- Video: Module 4 – Entity Relationship Diagrams: Part V Associative Entities (1:19 min.)
- PowerPoint: Module 4 Review charts
The Data Management Project for Week 2 builds upon what you did for the Data Management Project in Week 1 (Answer you provided to me last week is attached for you to look on below). Create a conceptual data model of data management project showing the entities and relationships. Use the Draw.io tool to create your conceptual model.
Export the data model as a PDF and save it on your PC, as shown in the Draw.io video tutorial. Submit the PDF to me.
- YouTube Video: Draw.io video tutorial
Note: The Draw.io video tutorial shows you how to resolve many-to-many relationships in your entity-relationship diagram. You will need to do that in subsequent weeks, but not for this week’s assignment. For this week’s assignment, create the entities, relationships, primary keys, and attributes.