- This assignment is an individual assignment.
- use your own word.
- Student must apply Harvard Referencing Style within their reports.
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it
- Only WORD DOCUMENT.
1. Demonstrate an understanding of how global competitive environments are changing supply chain management and logistics practice.
2. Apply essential elements of core logistic and supply chain management principles.
3. Analyze and identify challenges and issues pertaining to logistical processes..
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and apply Logistics and Supply Chain Management concepts/tools to suggest logistics performance priorities. To this purpose, you should review about these companies through secondary available information. Think about how you can apply the concepts/tools that you learned in this course.
Logistics outsourcing has attracted the attention of lots of industrialist in recent years. As firms enlarge their global reach, they often find that they need to reconsider their internal capabilities in managing the global supply chain. (Trent & Roberts, 2009) commented that many cases firms decide to outsource this function in whole or in part to agents or 3PL (third party logistics) firms.
Using this concept of 3PL you should answer the following questions by taking any Saudi company or any Multinational company.
1. What are 3PL firms?
2. Assess the reasons for using third party logistics service in Saudi Arabia? Using examples, Explain 3.Reasons why third party logistics arrangement are not always successful?
The Answer should be 3- 4 pages in length including the cover and appendices, with 1″ margins on all sides, double-spacing, and 12 point font. The cover of the answer should include title, course code and name, your full name, and your University id number.
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
- Their Main functions
- Any local example ( Saudi Arabia)
- Reasons with suitable Examples