****SEE ATTACHED FOR PREVIOUS PARTS OF PROJECT****
For this week’s course project, you will develop promotion strategies for your product. Please note that this is a three-part assignment. All three parts will be completed as one paper with headings (e.g., “Message”) that clearly identify each part. Include in-text citations and a reference page formatted according to APA standards. To complete the assignment, do the following:
Part 1 – Message
As we’ve learned, an effective IMC campaign requires a clear, consistent, and relevant message. One strategy for creating an effective message is to base the message on the benefits the product offers consumers. To develop a message for your IMC campaign, do the following:
- Synthesize the key benefits into a succinct key message to the target audience.
- Discuss how the content of your key message relates and connects to your target audience.
Part 2 – Marketing Communications Sample: Radio Spot
While it would be challenging for you to create an entire IMC campaign for your product in the time this course allows, you will have the opportunity to create a sample marketing communication tactic that could be part of a larger IMC campaign. To develop your sample tactic, do the following:
- Create a written script for a thirty-second radio advertisement for your product. Your script should use audience-specific language written with an influential tone. Your script should also communicate your product’s key message in a way that connects to the target audience. Be sure that your script aligns with the AMA Statement of Ethics.
- Produce an audio recording of your thirty-second ad using the PowerPoint narration feature. Include your name and the title of your commercial on the title slide. Click here for instructions on how to record your presentation with narration in PowerPoint.
- Evaluate your recording and discuss how well you persuaded and connected with the audience through your tone, vocal techniques, and words.
- Submit your PowerPoint file with your paper.
Part 3 – Marketing Ethics
In the process of creating your radio spot, your manager asks you to grossly exaggerate certain claims about the benefits of your product. You know that making the changes your manager has requested will produce false claims. However, your manager feels strongly about the changes and threatens that you will be taken off the project if you do not comply. Answer the following questions:
- Which aspect(s) of the the AMA Statement of Ethics. would you be violating if you followed through with your manager’s request?
- If your company makes false claims about its products, what would be the potential impact on your company’s well-being and that of its employees?
- What course of action would you take to address this situation in an ethical and professionally responsible manner?