Significant environmental issues can devastate a community. Follow the directions below to apply your knowledge about environmental issues to develop this weekâ€™s assignment:
In your paper,
- Select a community familiar to you.
- List the three most significant environmental issues facing the community (cite your sources when referring to websites or articles).
- Describe how these environmental issues affect the health of individuals in the community (cite your sources).
- Identify the major causes of these health problems.
- Provide several significant steps that could be corporately adopted to reduce the environmental problem.
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according
- to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least one scholarly source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined