Assignment 2: The Process
For this assignment, you will continue with the development of your lesson/training and focus on applying Figure 8.2, the 4-step model for the adult learning planning process.
Write a 4-6-page paper where you describe how you will carry out each of the 4 phases. For each of the phases, justify your approach using sound adult learning theory.
The 4 phases you will address are as follows:
- Need. Determine what learning is needed so as to achieve goals.
- Create. Create a strategy and resources to achieve the learning goal(s).
- Implement. Implement the learning strategy and use the learning resources.
- Evaluate. Assess the attainment of the learning goal and the process of reaching it.
In addition to addressing the 4 phases, you will implement a learning technology component. This can be the same as what you used to answer the discussion question in week 7 or something new. Relate the inclusion of educational technology with both education theory and neuroscience.
Include at least three (3) references (no more than 2-3 years old) from material outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The learning objectives covered in this assignment are:
- Analyze adult teaching and learning models.
- Develop a plan for adult learning in a specific role to achieve core competencies.
- Develop effective solutions that include effective motivational principles to specific learning problems in adult learning or training environments.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in methods of teaching in adult education.
- Write clearly and concisely about methods of teaching in adult education using proper writing mechanics.