- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.what you said.” Engage in conversation!
To continue our discussion of cultural borders, I want us to watch a TED talk by Turkish author Elif Shafak. “In this passionate, personal talk, she reminds us that there are no binaries, in politics, emotions and our identities. ‘One should never, ever remain silent for fear of complexity,’ Shafak says” (TED).
After watching the following TED Talk by Shafak, please answer the following questions:
- What is Shafak’s thesis or main points? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
- How does Shafak support her main points? Is she successful?
- How does this TED talk support, modify or change your own understanding of cultural borders?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk?
“The Revolutionary Power of Diverse Thought” | Elif Shafak
(Click Here for the Transcript of Shafak’s Talk:
- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.
- Your response to at least two classmates should be 150-200 words long and be more than “I agree” or “I like what you said.” Engage in conversation!