Week 3 – Discussion ForumNo unread replies.No replies.
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Week 5 Interview Progress Part 1 of 2 [WLO: 4] [CLO: 2]
The goal of this discussion is to start the process of finding someone within public health to interview (via email, phone, or video [i.e. Zoom]) about their efforts to eliminate social inequalities such as racism, sexism, poverty, social exclusion, substandard housing, and so on for your Week 5 assignment, Interview: Activities in Progress to Reduce Health Disparities Report. Look ahead to the Week 5 interview assignment to prepare. Faculty at the University of Arizona Global Campus are not
In this discussion,
Identify at least three public health or health care facilities in your area.
- HOWARD COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- HOWARD UNIVERSITY IN DC
- JOHNS HOPKINS BLOOMBERG SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Select one person from each facility that you are interested in interviewing.
- I picked Ilise Marrazzo Director of Nursing/Director, Bureau of Family Health Services at Howard County Health Department
State the name and title of the public health professional you will contact at each facility.
- Ilise Marrazzo Director of Nursing/Director, Bureau of Family Health Services at Howard County Health Department
- Liesl Nydegger, PhD, MPH in Johns Hopkins
- Pamela L. Carter-Nolan, Ph.D., MPH Director Associate Professor Principles of Epidemiology in Howard University
- Explain why this site and these public health professionals are of interest for you.
Next week we will follow up to see who you contacted and if you were successful in securing the interview.
Be sure to plan your interview well in advance as it may be very challenging to coordinate your schedule with those of busy professionals, and you may need more than one conversation to complete your interviews.
Guided Response: Due by Day 7
Respond to at least two of your classmate’s postings. In your response make any recommendations you feel could help your classmate find an interviewee for their Week 5 assignment.