Prebles’ Artforms Chapter 17
Timeline Paper (40 points)
Length of the paper is 4 – 4.5 pages, double-spaced, with font size 11 – 12 point. Be sure to edit, proof-read and correct spelling errors. Label the sections of your paper so it is easy to read. Save as a file and upload onto Blackboard.
In this paper you will continue your timeline by adding information about the Renaissance and Baroque eras. This period of study lasts from approximately 1400 through the middle 1700s.
Use the eras listed below as the headings in your paper and include their dates in your timeline. Write a thorough description of each of the eras and provide an example of artwork for each era from the text. When appropriate, include more than one example, such as a painting and a building. Include the figure number, title of the work, the artist’s name (if available). Describe how the example represents that era.
1. Include all of the following eras in your timeline paper and note they are NOT in chronological order. You must present the eras in chronological order in your timeline paper:
- High Renaissance
- Renaissance in Italy
- Renaissance in Northern Europe
- Late Renaissance in Italy
2. Include the following in your description of the artists and art work:
- Was the work representational, abstract, or non-objective?
- What were the materials and methods used?
- Describe the appearance of the work using the elements and principles.
- How did the art and artists reflect and /or influence society at the time?
- Was the artist influenced by other artists? If so, how?
- Provide an example of artwork for each era from the text. When appropriate, include more than one example, such as a painting and a building. Include the figure number, title of the work, the artist’s name (if available).