I WAS ASSIGNED TO DO Compliance and PHI (Discipline-Specific Skills)
This discussion forum will be assessed on a 10-point scale and is worth 5% of your final grade.
Compliance and PHI (Discipline-Specific Skills) [WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLO: 2]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review Domain 2: Compliance With Uses and Disclosures of PHI in your Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Exam Preparation textbook, and review Chapters 10 and 11 of your Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice textbook. Every week we are reviewing different RHIA domains. During the weekly discussion, you will be expected to review the RHIA practice questions for the respective domain being covered. The weekly discussions will provide an opportunity for you to ask questions about the practice questions, concepts, definitions, or review of the weekly domain.
Domain 2: The Compliance and Uses and Disclosures of PHI domain makes up 19% of the RHIA exam. The following knowledge is covered in this week’s domain review:
- Manage patient access to their health information.
- Apply knowledge necessary to advocate for patients and families in the process of obtaining health information.
- Apply knowledge necessary to process healthcare information requests according to legal and regulatory standards.
- Monitor access to PHI within the organization.
- Apply knowledge necessary to comply with retention and destruction policies for healthcare information.
- Apply knowledge necessary to monitor release of information workflows.
- Follow breach of information protocols.
- Apply knowledge necessary to ensure compliance with privacy initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with security initiatives.
- Monitor organizational compliance with health laws, regulations, or standards.
After completing the review questions, include four questions regarding this week’s domains or practice questions. Include information you researched to assist in answering the questions, feedback from the RHIA practice exam, and external resources that supported your knowledge of the content. This is a great dialogue to include concepts in which you would like to strengthen your skills and knowledge.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words. In addition to the course material, utilize a minimum of one scholarly source to support your opinion and discussion (see the Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible ResourcesLinks to an external site. table for assistance). Include in-text citations and reference your sources in APA format as outlined in the Writing Center’s Introduction to APALinks to an external site.. (see APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. for assistance).
Guided Response: Respond to at least three of your peers. By Day 7, provide feedback on your peers’ support their questions regarding the Domain 2: Compliance With Uses and Disclosures of PHI, and provide at least one suggestion to fu