Imagine you are a counselor and are treating two different clients who are seeking counseling due to rape. One client is female and was raped by her husband. The other client is male and was raped by a stranger in the bathroom of a nightclub.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you describe how your treatment plan may differ for each client.
Include the following in your paper:
- Explain the main differences between these 2 clients whose needs must considered during counseling.
- Describe the unique issues each client may face in dealing with their trauma.
- Outline general treatment goals for each client.
- Describe treatment approaches for victims of rape.
- Analyze which treatment approaches may be best when working with each client.
- Now imagine you learn that the female client is in an arranged marriage practicing a religious belief that entitles her husband to sexual intimacy at will, and the male client was at a nightclub known for being a “swinger’s club” after hours. Explain how these factors might change your approach to working with each client.
Format your paper according to appropriate course-level APA guideline