In this assignment, you are to use the same corporation you selected for the assignments in Weeks 3 and 6. You will examine business and corporate-level strategies and their impact on corporate success comparable to the competitive environment.
This assignment requires the use of three or more quality resources, including your textbook. Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the chosen corporation:
- The corporation’s website.
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page.
- Strayer University’s online databases.
- The Nexis Uni database.
- Other credible sources, such as the corporation’s annual report, will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
- It is expected that you will use your textbook as a resource for this assignment.
- Read the Assignment Formatting and Tips [PDF]before starting the assignment. Refer back to this document as needed.
- Review the scoring guide (rubric) in the course guide before starting the assignment.
- Download and save the Business-Level and Corporate-Level Strategies Template [DOCX].
- Use the template to write a 4-6 page academic research paper in which you include the following:
Step 1: Assess one business-level strategy you believe to be most appropriate for the corporation’s long-term success. Support your position with specific evidence.
Step 2: Assess one corporate-level strategy you believe to be most appropriate for the corporation’s long-term success. Support your position with specific evidence.
Step 3: Analyze the competitive environment to determine the corporation’s most significant competitor. Include a comparison of the business and corporate-level strategies for both corporations (your selected corporation and the competitor.)
- Based on your analysis, conclude which corporation (your selected corporation or its competitor) is most likely to be successful in the long term. Support your determination with at least three pieces of evidence.
Step 4: Determine whether your corporation or its most significant competitor would differ in slow-cycle and fast-cycle markets. Support your position with specific evidence.
- Use three or more quality sources, including your textbook, to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources)
- For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Determine business-level and corporate-level strategies for a corporation’s long-term success comparable to the competitive environment.