Incapacitation may occur without warning. In some instances, judicial
intervention may become necessary in the form of a Guardianship
In a 2 page paper in APA format, respond to the following:
- Describe briefly the procedure in commencing a guardianship proceeding.
- Explain under what circumstances a guardianship can be terminated and discuss the procedure for termination.
- Discuss the disadvantages of a Guardianship proceeding.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of the guardian?
- What are the basic elements of a guardianship proceeding and what information should a Petition for Guardianship contain?
- What are the ways to avoid a Guardianship proceeding?
- What are the various situations that require Guardianship proceedings?
- With what issues must the elder care professional be concerned in drafting a prenuptial agreement?
- In what ways can the elder law professional protect the assets and interests of the elderly client who is planning to marry?
- Why would an elderly couple choose to cohabit rather than marry legally?