Instructions (SCMG 305) Week 2 Assignment: Demand Forecasting Research
Course Learning Objectives:
CO2: Examine the concept of demand-driven forecasting as compared to supply-driven forecasting
For this week’s assignment you will want to start in Google Scholar (or any electronic Library you may have access to) and locate one Journal Articles (less than 7 years old) that address some facet of forecasting. To Search, start by entering search terms such as Demand Forecasting or Forecasting Methods into the search bar and a long list of sub-topic titles will appear. Choose a journal article that (a) interests you, and (b) has a PDF version you can download to your PC or MAC. Read the journal article through from start to finish while making notes on the research, the findings, and the conclusions. Then using the Word template provided below, report on the journal article you chose:
- Title of the journal article, author, publishing journal, year of publication,
- A summation that introduces the Journal article subject matter
- Type of research conducted and research question (if there is one)
- Background information as to why this journal article was written (look in the Literature Search/Survey section)
- Findings and Conclusions if a research-based article
- A short summary of what you learned that added to your understanding of demand driven forecasting
- Utilize the template attached below for this assignment. Label your submission document as follows: yourlastname_Assignment1.docx (ex: BJohnson_Assignment2.docx)
- Minimum 1000 words of content of strategic material, double spaced. Content requirement does not include cover page, abstract, nor reference pages
- Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (7th edition) style and formatting
- Once you submit your document to the assignment folder it will automatically be loaded to TURNITIN.COM for this course. Your similarity scan score must be 20% or less (the following will be excluded: headers, references, etc. prior to instructor grading paper—focus on the content of scan percentage
Plagiarism in any form will result in an automatic zero for this assignment:
- Using another author’s exact words without quotations AND without an in-text citation
- Paraphrasing by changing a couple of another author’s words and claiming them to be your own.
- There are no late assignments accepted after the last day of the course unless: (a) prior approval has been obtained from the professor or (b) you have an approved 30 day extension.
Instructions (SCMG 305) Week 2 Assignment: Demand Forecasting Research Course Learning Objectives: CO2: Examine the concept of demand-driven forecasting as compared to supply-driven forecasting Prom
Demand Forecasting Journal Article Student Name American Public University COURSE####: Course Title Instructor Name Due Date Journal Reference Erase back to the beginning of the first sentence in this section and insert a reference APA format. Summation of the Journal Subject Matter Use this section to thoroughly explore the journal article subject matter. Erase back to the indent and begin. Research Conducted Use this section to thoroughly explore the journal article research. Erase back to the indent and begin. Summation of the Journal Subject Matter Use this section to thoroughly explore the journal article subject matter. Erase back to the indent and begin. Journal Background & Literature Survey Use this section to explore the journal article background research in the Literature survey section. Erase back to the indent and begin. Findings and Conclusions Use this section to thoroughly explore the findings and conclusions section of the journal article. Erase back to the indent and begin. Summary of Learning Use this section to summarize what you have learned about forecasting from this journal article. Erase back to the indent and begin. References Lastname, C. (2008). Title of the source without caps except Proper Nouns or: First word after colon. The Journal or Publication Italicized and Capped, Vol#(Issue#), Page numbers.