IPSY 8579 Walden University Understanding Job Attitudes Measure & Change Discussion
We're the ideal place for homework help. If you are looking for affordable, custom-written, high-quality and non-plagiarized papers, your student life just became easier with us. Click either of the buttons below to place your order.
Order a Similar Paper
Order a Different Paper
Discussion 1: Understanding Job Attitudes and Their Measurement
Job attitudes are influenced by organizations, their unique cultures, and their unique leadership. In turn, attitudes are involved in almost every facet of an employee’s work life and ultimately an organization’s success. Attitudes employees have in the workplace are reflected in their feelings and behaviors that can affect their success on the job and that of their organization in their industry. The ability to accurately measure job attitudes and use the data from those assessments will help in making effective and focused decisions to address problems or to foster changes in organizations.
In this Discussion, you will explain how job attitudes might be measured and how an organization might use the results to foster change or address an organizational problem.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Identify a current or past workplace or one that you know well to use in your discussion example.
- Read the article “Attitudes: Satisfaction, Commitment and Involvement,” focusing specifically on pages 2–4 and 9–15. Consider job attitudes and their measurement as well as the relationship among various job attitude constructs.
- • Read the article “Generational Differences in Workplace Attitudes and Job Satisfaction: Lack of Sizable Differences Across Cohorts.” Consider ways in which generations differ and how that could influence how to measure job attitudes.
- • Read the article “The Role of Age in the Relationship Between Work Social Characteristics and Job Attitudes.” Think about how to account for differences in the age of employees and their different needs and how that could affect measurement strategies and findings.
- Read the article “Job Attitudes, Job Satisfaction, and Job Affect: A Century of Continuity and Change.” Identify trends in job attitudes research over time and how that could affect data collection methodology.
- Read the article “The Relation Between Activity-Based Work Environments and Office Workers’ Job Attitudes and Vitality.” Reflect on how work environments can affect job attitudes.
By Day 3
Post a response to the following:
Provide an explanation of how you might measure job attitudes in your chosen organization and how that assessment might be used in addressing an organizational problem or a strategic change initiative. It is suggested that you pick out one job attitude and consider one related assessment process or instrument.
By Day 5
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Suggest an alternative measurement approach including rationale as to why it would better address the problem.
- Ask a probing question or provide a suggestion regarding a colleague’s proposed measurement approach. Provide rationale for your question or suggestion.
- Expand on your colleague’s proposed measurement approach by offering a new perspective or insight.
- Agree with a colleague and offer additional (new) supporting information for consideration aligned with their chosen approach.
Discussion 2: Job Attitudes and Social Change
We live in an interconnected world where global events can and often do shape the nature of work. All organizations are continually impacted by forces of change—from within and from without. The vicissitudes of the economy, new technology, and even management styles can have profound effects on the world of work and, consequently, the well-being of employees. Many organizational factors have been found to affect job attitudes and, as a result, employee performance and organizational effectiveness. Consider the implications that positive and negative job attitudes have on people, organizations, and society as a whole. What might organizations do to create and foster positive job attitudes? How might job attitudes affect social change?To prepare for this Discussion, reflect on any relevant prior learning and the Learning Resources this week. Consider any insights or conclusions about job attitudes and their relationship to social change.
By Day 5
Post a response to the following:Provide a synopsis of your present understanding of job attitudes in the workplace. Explain the conclusions you have reached about job attitudes based on past courses, this week’s resources, and personal experience. Finally, discuss the potential implications that job attitudes (positive and negative) might have on individuals, organizations, and society.
Fazi, L., Zaniboni, S., Estreder, Y., Truxillo, D., & Fraccaroli, F.(2019). The role of age in the relationship between work social characteristics and job attitudes. Journal of Workplace Behavioral Health, 34(2), 77–95. https://go.openathens.net/redirector/waldenu.edu?u…