Select a leader you admire from a for-profit or non-profit organization where you might aspire to become a leader yourself. Examine and reflect on your chosen leader’s leadership styles and characteristics.
Write a 3–5 page assessment, addressing the following:
- Briefly describe the organization of the leader you selected and the type of products or service it provides. Include as much additional information as possible, such as size, years in business, location, and reputation.
- Analyze the leadership styles and characteristics of the leader whom you admire. In your analysis, explain how these leadership styles and characteristics can determine effective leadership.
- Compare your own leadership styles and characteristics to those of the leader you admire. Apply the terms from the attached “Leadership Styles and Characteristics” graphic in describing your own leadership approach. What type of leader do you see yourself to be? How does your comparison help identify what is necessary for effective leadership?
- Analyze how environmental and societal factors such as politics and innovation might influence your approach to leadership at this organization. How might these and other factors affect the way you lead? Would there be differences in your leadership style if this were a different type of organization?
- Analyze how economic conditions might influence your approach to leadership. Would your leadership style change during the time of a strong economy? Would your leadership style change during the time of a declining economy? Would your leadership style change if you were leading an organization through different maturation phases (including start-up, growth, and establishment)?
Format your assessment according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting guidelines, including a title page as well as a references page with APA-formatted citations. Include references from at least two scholarly sources. Your completed assessment should be 3–5 pages in length (page count excluding the title page and references).