In this post, you will explore the role of society and community agencies (more
specifically, schools) in developing the optimum learning and pro-social
behavior of children.
- Explain the major themes of Montessori-style education
and typical education formats for children.
- Analyze child development research
and theory by creating a bulleted list or table describing 3 benefits and 3
drawbacks of each style.
- Within your lists, consider and comment upon the
developmental domains: physical, cognitive, and psychosocial. In what ways does
each style of education benefit or ignore each domain?
- Explain the role of
these in the development of optimum learning and pro-social behavior in
- Additionally, consider the stages of development from toddlerhood
through adolescence. In what ways are the educational needs of children and
adolescents similar, and how do they differ?
- Please make sure all bullets above are answered. Thank you.
Diachenko, O. M. (2011). On major developments in
preschoolers’ imagination. International Journal of Early Years Education,
19(1), 19-25. doi: 10.1080/09669760.2011.570996. Retrieved from the EBSCOhost
Nelson, M.(Executive Producer). (2009). Child development theorists: Freud
to Erikson to Spock . . . and beyond [Video file]. Retrieved from the Films
On Demand database.