For this assignment, you will be (electronic ) Tuvel’s article, “In Defense of Transracialism”. You will find a copy of this article under >>
While you read it, I want you to actively engage with the article. This means that you will be highlighting/underlining and writing comments on the actual article. If you don’t know what annotation means, make sure you look it up. You will be turning in the article with your annotations and marking. I will review these and get them back to you as soon as possible since they will be useful for you in order to study for the final.
NOTE: I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING LATE PAPERS. THIS IS DUE IN CLASS. YOU MUST SUBMIT THIS ASSIGNMENT IN PERSON.
You will need three different colored highlighters – Green, Yellow, and Orange. Alternatively you could use three different colored pens (to underline) – Red, Black, and Blue. You will also need something to write on the actual article – so any color of pen/pencil if you are using highlighters or a different colored pen if you are doing the colored pen option.
Using the green highlighter (or red pen to underline) please highlight and annotate the following:
1. Highlight her main argument and next to this write “main argument.”
2. Highlight all of her support (this could be her reasoning, evidence, data interpretation, etc.) Next to each one, write “support #1 and so on.”
Using the yellow highlighter (or black pen to underline), please highlight segments of her article that you find confusing or that you have additional questions about.
1. This could literally mean something you read in the article and you didn’t understand. In this case – comment next to the segment telling me exactly what about it you didn’t understand.
2. This could also mean that you read something and it generated a question in your mind. In this case – comment next to the segment with what question popped in your head.
3. This could also mean that you read something that you question or would like to research even further on your own. In this case – comment next to the segment with why you question what you question or what exactly you want to further research.
Using the orange highlighter (or blue pen) please highlight segments of her article that you disagree with or feel she is lacking in logic and/or support
1. If you disagree with her, highlight the section and write down why you disagree (one sentence is fine)
2. If you think she is lacking in support/evidence/logic, highlight the section and write down your comment on it.
Lastly, on the back of the article or on a separate piece of paper, tell me you general thoughts on it. Just about 5 sentences. Any thoughts on this artile are fine.
**** please notice that you will give me the assignment her and I will print it and hand it to the professor so make sure that I can see the comments on the article and the highlighting >>>