Research write-ups typically consist of 4-6 sections and follow a set pattern. The most common format is IMRAD.
- Introduction (identify the background of the problem)
- Methods (identify the databases/resources used)
- Results (statistical analysis of the data — just the numbers, not the interpretation of them)
- Discussion (what the numbers mean and how these relate to the findings in other similar studies).
use APA 7th Ed. no website source . No source less than 5 years
The PICO question is a tool used to organize the ideas of researchers and to streamline the search for evidence.
- Using the PICO question format, determine and describe each component (Population/situation, Intervention-influence-exposure, Comparative/alternative intervention, Outcome).
Post the individual components of PICO and then your PICO question.
- P: patients who are endotracheally intubated and receiving mechanical ventilation
- I: use of sedation
- C: no use of sedation
- O: no unplanned extubations
- PICO Question: In patients receiving mechanical ventilation, is use of sedation or no use of sedation more effective in preventing unplanned extubations?