Right this minute you are managing the most important project of your life—the project that will help you succeed in every other project you ever take on: the project of graduating with your degree in sustainability! For this assignment, you are going to develop a project plan, with graduation as your goal.
- Who are the stakeholders? Who will be impacted by your education? (hint: way more people than you usually realize!)
- Conduct a risk assessment. What are the threats to your success?
- What resources might you draw on to keep working toward the project goal?
- How will you practice compassionate self-care throughout?
- What is your ultimate goal (i.e. certificate, associates degree, bachelor’s degree, etc.) and what is your timeline? [For example, “I will graduate with my bachelor’s degree in 2025”]
- What are the deliverables you plan to achieve? Examples would include a GPA you are aiming for; a certain number of completed courses per semester; a certain number of hours of volunteering with a sustainability-related organization; the production of a portfolio you can use in your job search when you have completed your degree, etc. Identify at least 3.
Anticipating the controlling and monitoring phase
- How will you monitor your progress every semester?
- Based on your risk assessment, what steps can you take to overcome potential obstacles and stay on track?
- 5 paragraphs, minimum
- 1,250 words, minimum
Using the following resources:
- Textbook or assigned reading
- Supplemental resource provided in class
- In-text citations are required for any concepts, data, facts, terminology, etc. obtained from any of the resources.
- All resources should be cited in the body of the text whenever information from the resource is utilized.
- Citations must include page numbers where available.
- Resource list is required.
resources to use: Wrike.com. Project Management Guide, https://www.pmi.org/learning/library/project-management-global-sustainability-6393.