The company you work for uses numerous mediums to communicate to current clients, potential clients, and vendors, including direct mailings and email. However, you have noticed that the social media presence of your organization is minimal.
Though you’re new to the company, you’ve helped your previous employers produce effective communication strategies to increase clientele. To bring this to light, you decide to write a memo to your boss that provides a list of ways to create a more prominent social media presence targeting potential clients.
For this project, you can pick what kind of products and/or services the company sells, as well as their primary target audience. This is important because you’ll need to decide which social media platform will be the most appropriate for that situation.
Choosing one specific social media platform as your focus—YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn—write an interoffice memo in Microsoft Word that touches on how this medium could be used, noting the different visual persuasion delivery methods. The memo should include the following:
- How this medium could be used, and the motivations behind the medium.
- How this medium differs from the others (direct mail and email).
- Why your chosen social media platform should be used to leverage potential clients.
- Briefly mention what products and/or services the company sells.
- Explain the pros and cons of your chosen platform.
- What visual techniques could help influence and persuade potential clients to choose your organization.
Write a memo using Microsoft Word. Your final memo should be 2–3 pages in length.
NOTE – Be sure the documents display proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.