Sources of employees is an area that small business owners must take seriously in order to effectively and sufficiently staff their business. To recruit effectively, the small business owner/manager must know where and how to find qualified applicants. Sources are numerous, and it is impossible to generalize about the best pool in view of the differences in companies’ personnel needs and the quality of the applicants from one locality to another. Section 20-1 of your course textbook, Sources of Employees, describes several options to recruit quality applicants.
For this assignment, create an organization chart and recruitment plan to effectively staff a small business. Follow the steps below to complete this assignment:
- Choose a business of your choice – one that you can see yourself as an entrepreneur. For example, a “Mom and Pop” business, a franchise, an automotive shop, a retail store, a salon, etc.
- Use an example on page 509 of your course textbook as your guide to create a formal organizational chart for your chosen business.
- Describe in detail what position will be each block, which also represents a position within your business. You only need to create the top three tiers of your organization for this assignment.
- Create a recruiting plan by utilizing at least two of the sources of employees. Also, explain the rationale of your chosen sources of recruitment.
- Keep in mind that certain sources are more effective depending on what position you are filling and what type of applicant you are trying to attract.
- Follow APA guidelines for citing your sources and references.
- See rubric associated with this assignment for grading criteria.